: Setting Up Outlook to use Acuity E-mail (Win2000)
The following information will help you set up your e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express.
- Click "Tools". Select "E-mail Accounts."
- If you already have your email set up, select "View or change existing E-mail accounts." If you are setting up your email for the first time, select "Add a new e-mail account." Click "Next."
- Select "POP3." Click "Next."
- Internet E-mail Settings: Enter your name and full email address in the "Your Name" and "E-mail Address" fields.
IMPORTANT: In the "User Name" field under "Logon Information," Enter the user name provided by Acuity. Enter your password in the "password" field. (if you don't have your user name or password, contact Acuity Marketing for help: 615-591-7025 ext 203) Check the "remember password" box.
Enter "mail.acuitymarketing.com" in both the "Incoming" and "Outgoing" Mail Server fields.
DO NOT check "use secure password authentication." Click "More Settings."
- Click the "General" Tab.
- Enter a general label to identify this email account in the "Mail Account" Field, such as "Acuity Mail Server." Enter your full email address in the "Reply-To" field.
- Click the "Outgoing Server" Tab.
- Check the box labeled "My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication," and select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Click "Finish." Your configuration is complete.
- At this point its a good idea to quit Outlook then restart the program to help it remember your new settings.
Back to Top